PERMISSION TO SHOOT VISUALS OF DETROIT
FROM THE VANTAGE POINT OF THE DETROIT PEOPLE MOVER
Each request requires documentation for location use within the City of Detroit. Specifically, the Detroit Transportation Corporation (DTC) grants clearance within five to seven business days upon the approval of all forms and submission of additional paperwork.
The “Location Use Form” (see attachment) and “Insurance Liability Form” (see attachment) must be returned to our office. In addition, a written request on company letterhead must be submitted which details the following:
- A brief background on your company
- The nature of the work your company has been hired to complete;
- Physical Location: which Detroit People Mover station(s) will be required for your filming;
- The proposed filming date, time and duration needed;
- Any special logistical details needed (i.e. loading of the camera equipment/crew, parking, police requirements, etc.)
- Contact names and numbers of the principal Producers/Directors. Student filmmakers should contact the Marketing Department for more information.
A location spec sheet and a Certificate of Liability Insurance naming the DTC as the insured for General Liability must also be provided.
Filming which includes the rental, occupancy, or exclusive use of DPM trains and/or stations must submit a “Work Authorization Permit” (WAP) (see attachment). Permit holders must observe all safety precautions and adhere to conditions determined by DTC Transit Police and personnel which will not obstruct vehicle or passenger movement. Access is limited to public areas and not permitted in restricted locations. Fee structure will be determined upon submission of the request. Additional information may be requested for clearance.
You may fax this information to 1-313-224-2134, Attn. Marketing.
Questions? Please call the DTC Marketing Division at 313-224-2160 for more information.
Detroit Vibe – Get It at GM RenCen
When at the GM Renaissance Center, feel like you're at the center of all that downtown has to offer
Delta Railroad – Detroit People Mover
Example of rail replacement trackwork on the Detroit People Mover, 2008
Local landmarks get Lego’d by Michigan Lego Builders at The Henry Ford
500mil Legos! Now we have a second line at the new Legoland Discovery Center Michigan - http://www.freep.com/videos/money/2016/03/24/82210160/
Detroit People Mover – Financial District to Joe Louis Arena
Detroit People Mover - Financial District to Joe Louis Arena
People Mover Spot rev
People Mover Spot rev