Alternate Transportation Options
The following services are available to provide local transportation (applicable fees and charges apply).
Download the PDF version: Getting Around Downtown During the Shutdown – Transportation Alternatives
Detroit Department of Transportation (DDOT)
(313) 313-933-1300 or Toll-Free (888) DDOT-BUS
- Central Business District Inbound Bus Routes ($.50) http://www.thepeoplemover.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/DDOT-Route-List-Central-Business-District.pdf
Senior Citizen / Disabled Services
DDOT ADA Complimentary Paratransit Services (Detroit MetroLift)
- Provides individuals determined as ADA paratransit-eligible with transportation when they are unable to use regular fixed route buses to meet their needs.
- New participants must complete an application form to determine eligibility and conditions.
DDOT MetroLift Application: http://bit.ly/1OgZryj
Detroit Area Agency on Aging
- Non-emergency medical transportation requests (e.g. medical appointments, dialysis, pharmacy, radiology, etc.)
- Scheduling of transportation requires a 7 day advance notice prior to the date of the appointment.
PACE Southeast Michigan
(800) 445-4554 / TDD (800) 649-3777
Provider sponsored, flexible health care and services, including transportation and home health / home care services.
On-Demand Driver Services
- Base fare, distance rates. All applicable fees apply.
- Cars, SUVs available
Checker Cab & Sedan
(313) 963-7000 – Dispatch & Customer Service
Standard fares within the Central Business District (approx. $6.00)
- Sedans, Mini-Vans, Passenger Vans with GPS Navigation
- Licensed to operate by the City of Detroit
App-based service, with trip cost estimates
- Personal rides (up to four passengers)
- Lyft Plus (six-passenger)
- Base charges, distance and fees apply.
(855) 937-5688 or (313) 230-2331
Airport shuttle service from home, or to/from downtown hotels